Monday, August 20, 2012

Alphabet Challenge "B" - Oops!

Happy Monday again (not), there's no excuse for me...I just felt like playing video games all week and not posting. I do kinda have an excuse though...MoP comes out in a month and I gotta tie up all those loose ends. Someone understands, right? :s

"B" week was last week for Lustrous Lacquer's alphabet challenge, I did these Sunday and seriously sat my lazy ass on editing the pictures for an entire week. Wow me. Wow. Sorry guys.

Anyway, for "B" I chose Brummie, one of the Macy's-exclusive colors from butter LONDON. The fun thing about this color is that it dries to a rubber finish. I have a love/hate relationship with rubber finishes. Love, they look so darn cool. Hate, they seem to wear so fast! According to Wikipedia (Reputable sources, psh), "Brummie" is is a colloquial term for the inhabitants, accent and dialect of Birmingham, England. Hm, ok. Not sure what that has to do with rubbery purple, but it's still fun right?

Brummie went on sort of thick, but it was easy to manage. I did two coats for the swatches below. Even though I did end up using topcoat, I wanted to take pictures of just the rubber finish for you guys. If I knew I'd be changing this in the next day or two, I'd totally leave it like this:

It's so rubbery!

Please ignore the fingerprints on the bottle! :p

This bubbled a little; you can see it on the sides of my fingers somewhat.


As you can see, I should have added another coat just on my pinky...for some reason I have issues with polishing my thumb and my pinky, who knows. 

Since I did want this color to last decently, I threw some topcoat on there after adding an accent sticker (cupcakes! yay!). The sticker I got from MagnoNails, they're in Germany so shipping's sort of pricy but they have 92830284092784092 cool stickers and decals. I got a bunch of stickers and striping tape there a while back when they were the only place to order an XL stamper. (like seriously, I need to get around to my peacock feather water decals)

Poor MegaBloks Thrall. This is what he's reduced to.




For being so thick, Brummie cleaned up really well. All in all, I don't really even know if I'm too crazy about it. From the bottle, I thought it would be a little brighter, maybe even a touch neon. Even the pictures look brighter than it does in real life. Don't get me wrong, it's a really pretty purple, but it's something you probably want to experiment with layering over.

There are three other Macy's Exclusives from butter LONDON that I grabbed at the same time: Cake Hole, which is a bright hot pink and shares the same rubber finish; Alcopop, which is a light pink creme, and Squatter, which is a neon green creme. I don't even know why I got Squatter because I don't particularly like neon green but I think I had a NAIL POLISH o.O moment. I bought mine off the Macy's website, so I don't know what the availability is like in stores...also Brummie and Squatter seem to be out of stock at the moment. Their stock seems to fluctuate, though, so I'd guess they'd be back in soon. 

Random complaint, I hate opening BL bottles. That label on the side...I don't like peeling labels off of things. I have to get a knife out, and pry it up, and then the BF tells me to be careful...why can't it just be easy?!

Sweet...now back to liquidating my assets before the next xpac ;)

K x

9 comments:

  1. I like this a lot! I like the color and I like the rubber finish and with top coat it looks awesome too, like it's still wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I have a huge thing for rubber finishes, LOL.

      Delete
  2. haha, i study in birmingham! i reckon the colour of the nail polish is purple because birmingham is where cadbury's chocolate comes from - it's famous for it. and cadbury's chocolate was always wrapped in purple :)

    i could be wrong but that's my best guess as to why the nail polish is purple :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well hey you learn something new every day! And Cadburys are one of my favorite things.
      You're awesome for sharing that! :)

      Delete
    2. no worries :) i now really want this nail polish just so i can walk around birmingham university with 'brummie' nail polish on! haha, x

      Delete
  3. I am loving all these polishes with the rubber finishes and your cupcake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! MagnoNails has some pretty interesting decals, haha...the cupcake one also came with some popsicle decals.

      Delete