Monday, September 24, 2012

September MyGlam...Or should I say Ipsy??

Hi all, today I want to review my September MyGlam bag for you all.
MyGlam, despite hearing several bad reviews before I began my subscription, has never disappointed me. Every bag has had *something* I was really excited about.

This month they've rebranded, I guess, and changed their name to ...Ipsy. I forget what exactly they based the new name off of, but it doesn't really do it for me.

The postcard I got in my bag. It's a collage of subscriber photos!


This month's bag was a wristlet! Cool, I love wristlets! I will actually use this bag.
The last of the Andrea's Choice Circus nail colors, Tightrope. And Carol's Daughter Monoi Split End Sealer.
This is Tightrope. It's a neon and dries matte, but here it is with topcoat.
As you can see it bubbled somewhat, this is because application was a little tricky...
I used two coats of Tightrope over one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.
For some reason I couldn't get this polish to apply smoothly. Maybe I was just having a bad day!
Regardless, it's gorgeous, I'm not ready to give up neons for Fall just yet.
The bag also came with a smudge brush from London SOHO New York.
Jane Sparkle Pink and Mirabella Semiformal, swatched below.
Jane Sparkle Pink
Mirabella Semiformal swatched with primer (Lorac)
All in all I'd say it was a good bag! The brush was good, soft with just the right amount of substance. You can't have too many brushes! The polish was lovely even though application was iffy (not due to the brush, the polish was just streaky...darn neons). The Carol's Daughter Monoi Split End Sealer...I'm just not a CD fan. I don't really care for the way this smells, either. The lip gloss was OK, nothing special. The eyeshadow is a lovely copper but makes me look tired. I layered some Too Faced gold shadow over it and that improved things somewhat. The bag also included a $20 coupon for justfab.com, which is cool because you can find cheap flats and things. It's good for shoes you know you'll only wear once or twice.

The Ipsy (MyGlam) monthly sub is $10 and you can sign up at ipsy.com. Honestly, in a battle between this and Birchbox, this would win (more about my September BB later...grr).

Did anyone get anything different?? Even better, is anyone on the postcard? :D
Thanks for reading!
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment