Thursday, October 18, 2012

KBShimmer Cotton Candy

Ahoy! I have for you today KBShimmer's Cotton Candy, I was lucky enough to get my hands on it when she discontinued it in (August, I think?) along with Cheerleader and Key Lime Pie. Posts for another time!

Anyhow, Cotton Candy...it's a soft pink base with pink, lavender, teal and purple hexes and squares...I'd have to study the bottle for a while to tell you exactly, there's a lot of stuff in there! Application is great as it is with all of her formulas. It seriously is like someone took pink, blue and lavender cotton candy (you know what colors I'm talking about) and shredded it up onto your hands, I love it.

I used three coats but in the future I'd probably put 2 thin coats over some pink undies, the glitter was SUPER dense. This is only a personal preference, though, it's adorable by itself as well. I'll say it again, the formula was great. I didn't do any cleanup work with this polish. It's thirsty so I used 2 coats of Gelous and then SV.





See how cute that is? It's a great quick mani too, when you don't have time for nail art...you don't have to play with the application to get it to look good. The only issue I had was some of the square glitters, watch out that they are flat on your nail. The glitter is so thick in this one that a few of the squares got a little wonky and bothered me until I pulled them off :s

KBShimmer polishes can be purchased from her store and from Etsy for $8.50/full size, and you can follow her Facebook for updates. There's a mailing list signup on her store page too, I highly recommend you follow it, sometimes I miss things on Facebook and it's easier for me to catch discontinues/new shades over email. She also sells bath items that I hear very good things about! Her lip balm is on my wishlist :)

Thanks for reading, as always!
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment